April 22, 2005

Oops!

Today I went to the local yarn store. I had never been there before. It was truly a thing of beauty. The walls were lined with yarn, and I was in awe. My intention had been to run in, find some cotton yarn, buy it, and bolt, but of course that didn't happen. Instead I wandered about, admiring everything and whimpering internally that I just couldn't bring myself to spend $13 on a skein of yarn. I was there to buy yarn for the rose bath pouf from this month's issue of Crochet Me, which I intend to give my mother for mother's day, but like a fool I got thread instead of yarn. It looked like yarn when it was all in a twist, and I was feeling too stuffy in my head and too eager to get lunch and get back to work to pay close attention to it once it was wound.

It turns out I bought some lovely, 100% mercerized cotton crochet thread. I bought it in salmon and rust colors. This is good and bad. The good that comes of this is now I have some lively thread to use for the sachets I want to make for my aunt's wedding, instead of the white I thought I would pick up. The bad is, now I still need to go pick up yarn for my mom's bath pouf. I will pick up some Peaches 'N' Cream at Wal-Mart tomorrow evening when I take my brother out to dinner, as he wants Taco Bell and Taco Bell is in the same shopping center as Wal-Mart. I also need to get a steel hook or two then, as well.

Maybe I should start tracking how much of my income goes towards crochet products. I'm a bit afraid of the answer.

No comments: