April 13, 2005

Crochet Hook Case

I really wanted a place to keep my hooks because I am in the very bad habit of losing them, so I decided to crochet one. (Isn't that fabulously meta?) After many initial mishaps, I finally settled on this pattern, with mixed results.

On the good side, this crochet hook case has much more room to store non-hook items such as scissors, measuring tape, and needles than the other patterns I considered did. On the bad side, it is softer and thus looks slightly sloppier. I really like the way I closed it with ribbons. I think the edge of the ribbons hanging off the bottom is very cute. I don't like how sloppy it looks, but I obviously liked it enough that I didn't destroy it and start over, which is an achievement for me (perfectionism is a disease).

I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn, though I don't know the name of this color. I call it variegated rainbow. I used an H hook, just as the pattern requires. The ribbon is Offray 1/8" 100% polyester.

The hardest part was definitely sewing in the pocket. The pattern calls for 12 inches of yarn to sew in the flap, but I recommend using more. I don't think I'll be using this pattern again, simply because assembling the various pieces was frustrating as there were no diagrams. The more I look at it, the more I like it, though, and that's a good thing. I am thinking about adding a star to the center of the top flap as well.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Deneen said...

Hook case looks nice-the yarn is called Rainbow Brite. I did a little girls poncho in it and it came out very cool looking!!

Welcome to Crochetville!!